Indigestion Soothing Home Remedy

by Norm on June 25, 2015

in Diet, Healing

Here is a very simple home remedy to help alleviate acid indigestion. I am going to give you some general instructions, but ultimately, you will be able to create a formula that works the best for you from these three ingredients.

Water + Lemon + Baking Soda

Into a cup of warm water squeeze the juice of about 1/2 a lemon or lime. Then add about 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda. This will cause the water to fizz up. Drink it down.

Please do not be afraid of the lemon or lime. Always I hear some say, “Oh, as much as I like the taste of lemon/lime, I am afraid to take it because it is acidic and I already have too much acid in my stomach.”

NOTE: The reaction of lemon/lime in your body is  alkaline. While lemons might be acidic outside of your body, their effect inside of your body is alkaline.

The reason I say “about” 1/2 lemon and “about” 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda is to compensate for the size  and the juiciness of the lemon. You need to find out what feels the best for you. Taste the lemon juice. Then add enough baking soda to foam up the water without loosing the lemon taste. Drink it and see what your stomach has to say about it. Too little lemon or too much baking soda? Adjust.

On another note: If you are looking for an easy, complete yoga class video, I now have my RELAXING HATHA YOGA with Norman Popovsky VIDEO available for download.

Please feel free to ask questions and make comments below, which will require you to sign in with your name and email address in order to prevent spam comments. Your email will not be posted on this blog nor will it ever be sold or otherwise distributed without your permission. I dislike spam as much as you do…Norm

I very much would like to hear from those of you whose success with Yoga might inspire others.

Sumi July 3, 2015 at 8:59 am

Hi Norman! Thanks for the recipe. I was wondering how often and when should we take it? I have taken only the water with lemon right after waking up, before eating anything. Should I take this like that too? Thanks!

Norm July 4, 2015 at 5:10 pm

Hi Sumi, This is different so, no, you don’t take this like you do the water with lemon. Water with lemon juice is a detox and disinfectant. It is meant to clean your body and you will benefit by taking it every day.

The water with baking soda and lemon juice you should take only if you have some acid indigestion, which hopefully will not be every day. This is a temporary relief that is mostly needed before going to bed and not something that you want to do everyday. If you do have acid indigestion everyday then it is important to improve your eliminations and diet so that you will stop irritating your stomach and intestinal tract.

I hope this answers your question,

Patty September 10, 2015 at 8:48 pm

Hi Norm,
I found your easy sun salutation on you tube. I love it. I feel very stiff and inflexible some times. After doing your ten minute sun salutation, I don’t know, I just feel better.
Patty

Norm September 14, 2015 at 11:09 am

Hi Patty,
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to know that my video clip is helping you. Please let me know if I may help you in some way or if you have questions.

Ade October 13, 2015 at 2:41 pm

Hi

I have a dodgy back and tried Yoga locally but didn’t take to it. I’ve been to the physio and he recommended the Sun salutation every day.

I found a few and couldn’t get on with them but as a 50 year old fella, I found yours easy to follow. Are your other instructions in a similar vain? If so what would you recommend as a follow up please?

Cheers

Norm October 15, 2015 at 8:23 pm

Thank you for letting me know that you found my Sun Salutation “easy to follow.”

Yes, all of my instructions are gentle, slow, relaxing and easy to follow.

For your back problem, you will find relief and self-healing with my free video clips, “Self-Heal Your Back Pain Yoga Video Parts 1, 2, 3.”

Then if you want to progress further, you can download Relaxing Hatha Yoga VIDEO, which contains a complete class in addition to the Sun Salutation.
and/or
“Heal Your Back Now!” You can download the audio version or order the video DVD version. I plan to have the video version available to download on this site soon.

Please let me know if I may help you further. I wish you great success with Yoga,
Norman